Our strong points
- Small to extremely small international groups or individuals
- First-hand accurate knowledge from competent guides and trained geologists & volcanologists
- Flexible tour programs
- Exclusive off-the-beaten-track programs
- Enviromental responsability
- Last but not least, the local flavor of each tour
At the rim of Nea Kameni's Georgios crater (Santorini)
On an eruption special tour to Mayon volcano
Explaining photography on the rim of Erta Ale
Breadcrust bomb on Santorini
About usA small and personal company, we specialize in tailor-made tours for small groups and individuals, that prefer quality service with a personal touch. Each tour is thoroughly researched, carefully prepared and organized by one of our professional volcanologist team members - highly motivated and competent volcanologists or otherwise experts in their area.
Our understanding of exclusiveness is not defined by accommodation in 5-star hotels and transport by air-conditioned charter buses. On each trip, we try to provide our clients an intense experience of the cultural and culinary background of each destination.
- To accompany those interested in natural geological phenomena, especially volcanoes, to some of the most spectacular yet humbling places in the world.
- To inform and educate about the geological phenomena and peculiarities of the locations we visit.
- To experience the different cultures and people that we come across as we travel the earth on our trips of geological, seismological and volcanological discovery.
- To contribute to a more sustainable model of tourism that combines education and cultural exchange while respecting all places we visit from an ecological standpoint.
Observing Yasur volcano, Vanuatu
Visiting active volcanoes can be physically demanding; getting to some of the most interesting locations can involve strenuous exertion and some physical discomfort. However, the unforgettable experience
of visiting these wonderful sites is well worth the effort.
The physical demands vary from tour to tour, but our programs are flexible enough to allow modifications to accommodate not only the group's interests and physical capabilities, but also weather changes, volcanic activity, and other external factors.
In the pressAs leading volcano tour specialists who keep up to date with the changes in volcanic activity worldwide we often get questions from journalists and travel writers. Below we list some of the articles that the VolcanoDiscovery team contributed to or which have been written by participants on our tours: