Updated: May 22, 2022 17:22 GMT - RefreshA small and personal company, we specialize in tailor-made tours for small groups and individuals, that prefer quality service with a personal touch. Each tour is thoroughly researched, carefully prepared and organized by one of our professional volcanologist team members - highly motivated and competent volcanologists or otherwise experts in their area.
Our understanding of exclusiveness is not defined by accommodation in 5-star hotels and transport by air-conditioned charter buses. On each trip, we try to provide our clients an intense experience of the cultural and culinary background of each destination.
- To accompany those interested in natural geological phenomena, especially volcanoes, to some of the most spectacular yet humbling places in the world.
- To inform and educate about the geological phenomena and peculiarities of the locations we visit.
- To experience the different cultures and people that we come across as we travel the earth on our trips of geological, seismological and volcanological discovery.
- To contribute to a more sustainable model of tourism that combines education and cultural exchange while respecting all places we visit from an ecological standpoint.
Visiting active volcanoes can be physically demanding; getting to some of the most interesting locations can involve strenuous exertion and some physical discomfort. However, the unforgettable experience of visiting these wonderful sites is well worth the effort.
Observing Yasur volcano, Vanuatu
The physical demands vary from tour to tour, but our programs are flexible enough to allow modifications to accommodate not only the group's interests and physical capabilities, but also weather changes, volcanic activity, and other external factors.
In the pressAs leading volcano tour specialists who keep up to date with the changes in volcanic activity worldwide we often get questions from journalists and travel writers. Below we list some of the articles that the VolcanoDiscovery team contributed to or which have been written by participants on our tours:
- When planning a hike on an active volcano, safety before spectacle (Washington Post, 4 May 2018)
- This Southern Italian Island is Home to the Original Volcano (AnOther Magazine, 25 April 2018)