Volcanoes of Ambrym - the Grand Traverse
- 11-days volcano expedition to Ambrym - individual departures & group tours -
- 8 days on Ambrym including 4 nights camping in the Ambrym caldera
- 4 craters: Mbuwelesu, Niri Mbuwelesu, Mamboen Niri Mbuwelesu (Marum), Benbow
- Frequently active lava lakes of Marum and Benbow
- Spectacular tropical and lunar landscapes of the giant Ambrym caldera
- Magical traditional dances
- Traditions and culture of the Nivane people
- Visit of a magnificent waterfall
- Highly experienced guides and trained staff
- Сопровождающие вулканолог
11 day itinerary with 8 full days spend on Ambrym
For an expedition like this, any program presented must be considered indicative: unexpected changes in flight schedules, volcanic and weather conditions etc. could make modifications in the actual itinerary necessary. In particular, it could result in that the return to Port Vila must be anticipated by one day. In this (unlikely) case, the additional day on Efate would be dedicated to a scenic round trip around Efate.
On request, modifications are possible as well - e.g. to spend one more day inside the caldera and one day less in Toak (although we highly recommend the presented itinerary).
Arrival at the Airport of Port Vila & transfer to Port Vila town.
Morning departure from Efate (Port Vila) to Ambrym (chartered plane) with scenic flight time over Lopevi volcano and the Ambrym caldera.
Meeting with the exceptional family of your guide and transfer in the village with one stop to the hot springs of sesivi with a refreshment at the ocean shore. Welcome ceremony. Afternoon & evening to discover the village.
Hike and ascent into the caldera. Installation of the base camp, picnic lunch with traditional food and hike to discover Marum volcano.
Expedition to the crater of Benbow with its usually active lava lakes. Descend (abseiling) into its crater optional, conditions permitting (trained guides assist you with professional equipment). Return to the base camp in the evening.
2 more days in the Ambrym caldera to discover Marum and Benbow inside the large Ambrym caldera in order to maximize photo / video opportunities.
Cross the entire caldera and descend to the east coast of the island to the charming and unspoiled village of Endu on the east coast, where you'll be welcomed with lots of smiles. A welcome ceremony and a wonderful local dinner wait for you.
Два полных дней для себя традиционной культуры и жизни села: посещение школы, увидеть танцы, магия, медицины, местных ремесел и содействие подготовке свинья - самый высокий церемониальной блюд.
Transfer from ENDU to the Penapo village to discover one of the largest Banyan trees on the island. After lunch flight to Port Vila. Free time, relax.
Transfer to airport or own extension (recommended: 1-day tour on Efate).
Информация о встрече::
This adventure starts and ends in Port Vila on Efate Island, Vanuatu's capital. The day of departure is depending on the domestic flight schedule of AirVanuatu (alternatively: charter flights). It is both a perfect stand-alone program if you only have limited time to visit Vanuatu and follow the priciple "less is more", or can be combined with visits to other islands, e.g. Tanna with active Yasur volcano - for example, our program "Yasur Volcano Adventure".
ПРОДОЛЖИТЕЛЬНОСТЬ: 11 days
ДАТЫ:20-30 сен 2020
Цена (за чел): 3150 € ?
- Experienced geologist guide from the VolcanoDiscovery team
- 2 teams of guides and porters
- 1 porter per person for own gear (in addition to porters for the camp); additional porters can be arranged at extra cost
- Experienced cooks and camp hands
- All accommodation as specified in family-run guesthouses (double occupancy) (4 nights), camp inside the caldera (3 nights) and in a nice hotel on Efate (1 night)
- Camp kitchen equipment
- Activities and excursions as per program
- Full board including drinking water, tea & coffee, fresh juices
- Safety equipment (static rope, ascenders and accessories) for the optional abseiling descend into Benbow crater
- All entry fees and village right fees
- All transfers by land and sea on Ambrym and Efate
- Domestic return flight Port Vila - Ambrym (charter flights available at surcharge)