Volcanoes and Cultures - Adventures in the South Sea
- 15 days volcano and photo expedition to Ambrym and Yasur volcanoes, Vanuatu -
|Dates||Status||Price p.p. (€)||SRS (*)||Group size|
|22 Jul - 5 Aug 2018||guaranteed||3950 € ?||225 € ?||4-8|
|26 Sep - 10 Oct 2018||guaranteed||3950 € ?||225 € ?||4-8|
|29 May - 12 Jun 2019||few places left||3950 € ?||260 € ?||4-8|
|(*) Single room supplement|
Prices for private tours at custom dates: on request
- All transfers as described in the itinerary
- Charter flight Port Vila to Ambrym with scenic rounds over Lopevi and Ambrym volcanoes (great for aerial shots!) (min 4 participants)
- Domestic flights between Efate, Ambrym and Tanna
- Full board on Vanuatu (including table water) except a few meals as specified
- Accommodation in guesthouses, hotels and camping
- Porters, camp hands and local guides
- Camp kitchen
- Volcanologist guide / expedition organizer (Yashmin Chebli)
- Travel to and from Vaunatu
- Mandatory personal trip cancellation / medical insurance
- Extra drinks and few meals (3x lunch)
- Tents (you can borrow one from us at extra cost)
- Personal camping equipment: sleeping bag & sleeping mattress
- Tips for local staff
Discounts:Returning customers receive 5% (or 8% - if you have been on at least 3 trips with us) discount on the base tour price.
Group booking discount: If at least 4 people together book this trip, 5% (additional) discount is given, combineable to a maximum of 10%.
The climb up to and down to the Ambrym caldera is strenuous and takes about 4-6 hours in often hot conditions, but the path is relatively easy and not excessively steep. Inside the caldera, the hikes from the base camp to the volcanoes take about 1-2 hours.
Camping inside the caldera is adventurous, and will not offer much comfort, but the experience will be rewarding! No special skills are required to descent on the first terrace of Bembow volcano (-180m).
Hiking up Yasur Volcano is easy and takes about 1 hour.