Kamchatka - Mountains of Fire and Ice
- volcano expedition to Kamchatka -
|Dates||Status||Price p.p. (€)||SRS (*)||Group size|
|2-20 Sep 2018||few places left||4350 € ?||150 € ?||5-10|
|1-19 Sep 2019||guaranteed||4350 € ?||150 € ?||6-10|
|(*) Single room supplement|
Prices for private tours at custom dates: on request
- Invitation to Kamchatka for tourist visa (Russia)
- Full board during tour incl. drinking water, coffee, tea
- Airport transfers, 4x4 transfers, and helicopter flight to/from Karymsky
- Camping gear
- Experienced local expedition guide
- Accompanying volcanologist and volcano photographer from our team
- All entry fees and permits
- Arrival and flight to Kamchatka / Petropavlovsk
- Extra drinks
- Single room / tent supplement (limited availability)
- Optional excursions (Valley of Geysers, Kuril Lake, Avachinsky Bay)
- Visa costs
Discounts:Returning customers receive 5% (or 8% - if you have been on at least 3 trips with us) discount on the base tour price.
Group booking discount: If at least 4 people together book this trip, 5% (additional) discount is given, combineable to a maximum of 10%.
|Extra nights in guesthouse before or after tour||60 EUR per room|
This tour is mostly easy in difficulty and has no extreme or particularly difficult hikes: we focus on getting to best locations for photography accessible by vehicle and during short to medium hikes (3-4 hours max), considering that many people will like to carry their photographic gear (no porters available!).
However, you should be in excellent health (we'll be far from medical facilities much of the time) and possess a reasonably fit condition. You should have no problems to hike over rough, rocky, sandy etc trail-less and uneven terrain with frequent ups and downs for several hours and withstand possibly adverse weather conditions (wind and rain).
The longest hikes are the excursions to the crater of Mutnovsky with an elevation gain of 500 m and the hike up to Gorely (8 km, about 800 m climbing), but both are relatively easy compared to other volcano excursions. Treks on the plateau near the Kyluchevskoy group of volcanoes and Shiveluch are comparably easy and aim to reach the best viewpoints for volcano photography.