Volcanoes of Italy - the Grand Tour
- 15-days study & walking tour from Vesuvius to Etna -
|Dates||Status||Price p.p. (€)||SRS (*)||participants|
|12-26 Oct 2018||booked out||3590 € ?||580 € ?||6-12||Booking inquiry|
|11-25 Oct 2019||guaranteed||3590 € ?||580 € ?||6-12||Booking inquiry|
|(*) Single room supplement|
Prices for private tours at custom dates: on request
- 14 nights accommodation in double room (upper mid-range category)
- Most meals (breakfast + lunch snack + full dinner menu incl. wine, beer, coffee etc. in reasonable amounts)
- All transports and excursions as described
- Entry fees to museums, volcanoes, archaeological sites etc. as described
- Volcanologist guide from our team
- Travel to Naples and from Catania
- Single room supplement
- Extra meals (usually light lunch snacks) and drinks not mentioned as included in program
Discounts:Returning customers receive 5% (or 8% - if you have been on at least 3 trips with us) discount on the base tour price.
Group booking discount: If at least 4 people together book this trip, 5% (additional) discount is given, combineable to a maximum of 10%.
This trip requires a good general physical condition and some hiking experience. The time spent on individual excursions range from 1 hour up to ca. 6-8 hours, including breaks, but these timings are variable as they also depend on the weather, opportunities to observe and photograph volcanic activity etc. Most hikes are fairly easy, with climbing efforts between 100-400 m and total walking times under 3 hours. Exceptions are the more strenuous climb to Stromboli's summit, where around 900 m of altitude have to be climbed, and the potential climb to Etna's summit craters which can take up to 4 hours or more of total walking (weather and volcanic activity permitting these hikes). These latter excursions can be considered as optional and can be shortened by all or part of the group (possibility to split up, see program for details). People with asthma or other breathing difficulties should contact their medical doctor and are kindly requested to also inform us about this on beforehand.