Nyiragongo Lava Lake and Mountain Gorillas
- 8-days expedition to Nyiragongo volcano & mountain gorillas in Virunga National Park -
|Dates||Status||Price p.p. ($)||SRS (*)||Group size|
|15-22 Jun 2019|
(Full moon on 17 June!)
|space available||$ 3950 ?||$ 245 ?||4-11|
|(*) Single room supplement|
Prices for private tours at custom dates: on request
- Accommodation in double rooms with private bathrooms or tents
- Full board (B, L, D) from dinner on first day to lunch on last day, including 1 non alcoholic drink per meal
- Drinking water in the car, on the volcano and during the gorillas tracking
- Private transport in 4WD safari vans with driver during the whole tour
- Porters, cook and assistants for Nyiragongo camping
- All camping equipment (except personal sleeping bag)
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Volcanologist guide from Goma Volcano Observatory
- 3 Virunga National Park permits for Nyiragongo (900 USD)
- 1 Virunga National Park permit for mountain gorilla tracking (400 USD)
- Flight to and from Kigali, Rwanda
- Single room / tent supplement
- Extra and alcoholic drinks
- Visa fees
- Tips for the main guide/driver, cook, Goma volcanologist, porters, ...
- Personal expenses for souvenirs etc
Discounts:Returning customers receive 5% (or 8% - if you have been on at least 3 trips with us) discount on the base tour price.
Group booking discount: If at least 4 people together book this trip, 5% (additional) discount is given, combineable to a maximum of 10%.
|Extra night in hotel in Kigali||150 USD for a twin or double room / 115 USD for a single room|
The climb up to Nyiragongo´s summit is strenuous and takes about 5-6 hours (1400m total altitude gain from ca 2000 masl to around 3400 masl and about 7 km distance) and starting in hot conditions, but the path is relatively easy and not excessively steep. The most challenging part of the descent from Nyiragongo´s summit are the first 200 m on the steep upper slopes which can be wet and slippery. Tracking the mountain gorillas may involve 3 up to 7 hours of moderate trekking across the Congolese farmlands and through rain forest.