Volcanoes, Adventure and Culture
- Photo expedition to Vanuatu: Yasur & Ambrym -
The contrast between unspoiled rain forest, coconut palm beaches, primitive culture and moon-like landscapes surrounding lava-spitting volcanoes could not be bigger: join us on an expedition to the two most active volcanoes of Vanuatu: Ambrym and Yasur.
A great mix of adventure, breathtaking landscapes, unspoiled tropical beaches, meeting friendly people and their exotic culture awaits you.
- 4 days each for observation of the active volcanoes Ambrym and Yasur
- Option to abseil into Bembow crater on Ambrym
- Close meeting of the traditional life and culture of the Vanuatu people
- Breathtaking moonscapes, unspoiled rain forest, pristine beaches
Tour type: Photography tour: active volcanoes - nature & culture - adventure
Group size: 6-12
Duration: 14 days
Dates:25 Jun - 8 Jul 2018
25 Oct - 8 Nov 2018
Price (p.p.): 3190 € ?
- All transfers as described in the itinerary
- Domestic flights between Efate, Ambrym and Tanna
- Full board on Vanuatu (including water) except a few meals as specified
- Accommodation in guesthouses, hotels and camping
- Porters, camp hands and local guides
- Professional photographer and expedition leader Ulla Lohmann and/or Basti Hoffmann
Tour guide:This tour is completely managed and run by Ulla Lohmann and Basti Hofmann:
Ulla Lohmann - internationally renowned photo journalist, adventure and expedition leader. Ulla's work also includes documentary films & articles for ARTE, GEO, National Geographic and others, photography and climbing workshops in the Alps, National Geographic Student expeditions in Australia and more. Ulla's specialty areas are the South Pacific and Papua New Guinea.
Basti Hofmann - climbing instructor, logistics manager and studied geologist, Alpinist with over 20 years of experience and passionate photographer (Macro and Drone Photography).
The trip can be combined with the Expedition to Papua New Guinea.
Otherwise, the tour starts and ends in the capital Port Vila on Efate Island where international flights arrive (usually from Brisbane or Sydney in Australia or via Aukland New Zealand). Participants normally arrange their own flight tickets, but on request we can help with that.